Tuesday, January 31, 2017

Jillibean Soup - Wood Plank project



Good morning! I have a SUPER easy wood plank project to share with you, using a 12x16 wood plank from the Mix the Media collection by Jillibean Soup.

My house doesn't have a lot of room on its' walls for home décor, but at certain times of the year, I always find room to add a little something on top of a cabinet in our front entrance. I made this really easy DIY piece with just a few supplies.


I used the 12x16 wood plank (in raw pine) by Jillibean Soup. It is perfect for adding your own color too, just do a light sanding and add some acrylic paint! I used the Witty White  Happy Hues paint by Jillibean Soup and let it dry.

While it was drying, I cut the images for the wood out of black adhesive vinyl. The designs are both from the Silhouette online store.

Once it was dry, I lightly sanded the edges of the wood before applying my vinyl cut design. I should have distressed it a bit more, but it still looks pretty decent in the end.



As you can see, I simply added on my vinyl to the dry wood surface once it was completely dry. There are some tricks to getting it on (check out YouTube for tips), but once you get the hand of it, it's pretty easy!



I added in some bling to the center of the snowflakes for a little sparkle and I was all done! I figure this is something that can stay around our house beyond the holidays since we have "winter" for almost 4-6 months of the year! HA!



6 comments:

Teena James said...

Nice Article!! Thanks for sharing!!

Unknown said...

TESTIMONY ON HOW I GOT MY LOAN FROM A GENUINE LOAN COMPANY LAST WEEK.
I am Vera Lopez by name, I live in California, United State Of America, who have been a scam victim to so many fake lenders online between February last year(2019) till December(2019) but i thank my creator so much that he has finally smiled on me by directing me to this new lender who put a smile on my face in the year 2019 and he did not scam me and also by not deceiving or lying to me but however this lender whose name is Mr Wayne Scarlet gave me 3% loan which amount is $ 150,000 united states dollars after my agreement to their company terms and conditions and one significant thing i love about this loan company is that they are fast
You can contact the loan lender via
EMAIL :(Waynescarletloanfirms@gmail.com)

Adam said...

Thank you for all of the fantastic content you've given over the years. I've enjoyed perusing your tiny section of the internet. Wishing you all the best in the future! Have precautions!

Best regards,
clipping path service

Unknown said...

Buy Smart TV Now click here TV price in bangladesh

Alisa lira said...

Good article.
Color Correction Service

julia Bergstrasser said...

Do you want to own a business of your own? Or own a house of your choice?
Pedro Jerome loan offer 2% rate with a flexible loan repayment to suit individual and entitle loans internationally, My loan was granted with a click of an eye when I applied for $800,000.00 for expanding my clothing business, so I will advise anyone here looking for a financial help to contact pedroloanss@gmail.com.